Sunday, July 11, 2010

Marley and Me- A review! Better late than never ;)


After being told 'many' times by my friends NOT to watch Marley and Me, as they were aware of my Love for animals, I did tonight.. And sadly or rather sniffing-ly, I admit, I was told the right thing.. I actually cried buckets!
A beautiful beautiful movie which makes you smile, laugh and weep at the same time.. The movie is about a dog; Marley which Jenny and John bring home as their clearance puppy after getting married. According to them, they wanted to prepare themselves before having future children. The little cute puppy turns out to be a brat who chews, destroys and swallows anything and everything that seems edible to 'him' (For Marley, even a telephone was an edible item). He tears apart the house, makes wild escapes all the time, humps on his trainer who was sure that she knows how to let the dog know who 'leads' the pack, and terrorizes everyone around lovingly. Despite of the torturous love given by Marley, the Grogans never give up on him and in return, Marley loves them back passionately(literally). As time passes by, they have three kids and everyone could see that Marley started behaving like a gentle dog around the kids and started gaining more respect from his owners. The movie is basically based on a journey of a family with their dog. And the story is from an autobiographical book, written by John Grogan. I haven't read it but after watching the movie I sure want to. Though I'm a bit relutant as I don't want to repeat the crying episode again but still I'm sure it'll be worth the read.

I know I know, its quite visible that I'm an animal lover but nonetheless, I did cry buckets ;) So if you are fan of dogs, you would love this movie and will definitely connect with some parts. I sure did! And also keep some tissues with you!
And if you aren't a dog lover.. Errr.. Then why are you reading this review anyway.. Lol! Just kidding! Give it a watch, its a tender hearted easy going movie =)


P.S: This quote was the Best part, it actually is true for the society we are living in:
A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel... extraordinary?

1 comment:

  1. After reading this I think i should see this movie! =)

    p.s. you misspelled the word reluctant.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Enter your comment here....