Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bodyguard (2011) -*


Director: Siddique
Music by: Himesh Reshammiya
Run time: 132mins
Cast:
Salman Khan as Lovely Singh
Kareena Kapoor as Divya
Raj Babbar as Sartaj Rana
Hazel Keech as Maya
Rajat Rawail as Tsunami Singh

In case you are wondering what that rating is, it’s a minus one star. Sometimes I wonder, what is the criterion of a Bollywood blockbuster? This is our first Bollywood review, I was absolutely compelled to type this one out… so while I was doing a little bit of a background research on this movie guess what I found out: this is actually a third remake of the same movie! Can you believe it actually took them three movies to make people watch this absolute#$%$@ crap.

“The film broke many records upon its release. Within the first day of its release, it went on to become the highest opening day grosser as well as the biggest grosser ever for a single day, breaking the records earlier held by Dabangg, another Salman-starrer. The film set another box office record, netting 102.86 crore (US$22.94 million) in its first week, thus becoming the highest opening week grossing Bollywood film. As of 13 September 2011, Bodyguard has grossed 215 crore (US$47.95 million) worldwide, therefore becoming the second highest grossing Bollywood film ever worldwide after 3 Idiots.” (Wiki)

I was stunned into silence after reading the above^.  What is the future of human intellect!

The plot revolves around Lovely (Salman Khan), and that’s about it. There is some romance in there… I think… and lots of action where Khan is virtually indestructible, I don’t remember the rest of the movie I slept. There was also some music… well it sounded like music, I think… *yawn*.
[if you must know more go wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodyguard_(2011_film)]

Ok I think I am being slightly unjust, there was this one song which was pretty decent, I am posting it below, listen to it and don’t bother with the movie and you can thank me later.


Again what really bothers me is that Salman Khan can act, we’ve seen him do that ( I mean really act) plenty of times, and I get it sallu bhai you have a killer bod, but must you repeatedly take up such mindless roles? Stop testing our love and at least attempt to make some art onscreen.

Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment here....