Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) ****


Director:  Rupert Wyatt


Cast:




Rating: PG-13


Duration: 2hr
All who think Planet of the Apes is lame, raise hands…yup it was and is one weird lame movie. The apes looked like Michael Jackson (RIP, I loved him and still do… but that don’t mean he dint look weird). So, when I decided to watch this prequel of sort to the original (twice made) movie, it’s safe to say I had zero expectations… and boy was I pleasantly surprised.
The script, the direction, the acting and the CGI were all spot on.  In fact it has been so far the best movie of the summer (don’t believe me check out some other reviews: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1318514/).
The story begins with Will (James Franco) working on a cure for Alzheimer’s, testing is done on apes till all hell breaks loose and the project is closed and all the test subjects are put down save for a new born ape ‘Ceaser’, Will brings Ceaser home keeping his existence from the company and raises the chimp as part of his family. From that point on the CGI generated ape steals the show. The impeccable computer graphics of ‘Lord of the Rings’ team is what made this movie a spectacular watch.
I am pretty sure many still wouldn’t be convinced enough to actually watch the movie, but take it from me…I am usually scanty with praises: it’s a must watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment here....